Which age group is this course for?
This course is for the age group of 2 to 6 year old kids.
Why is this course important?
Every child is special, every child is different, but as Einstein said “If you judge a fish on its ability to ability to climb a tree, it’ll always believe itself to be inefficient.” We at LnG have devised a whole course around the same philosophy for our toddlers from the age group of 2 to 6 years.
The Psychosomatic course offered by LnG strongly believes that every child could have a specific defining characteristic that justifies all hi actions in the future scenario. For instance, there’s a reason why your little one who is such a talented football, probably never develops the skill to learn and understand analytical subjects like Mathematics or Physics. It’s because he has a brain that only inclines him to function a certain way that grabs his attention, say in a football match, and disinclines him towards grabbing the same attention in any other aspect, say Mathematics. A child who was never inclined towards Mathematics or any other analytical subject, would as a grown fail to perform simple everyday mathematical calculations or could suffer from ADHD and low self-esteem at a later stage in life. At LnG, we tend to work on these conflicting areas in a child’s development.
Who should be doing this?
A child from 2 to 3 years of age up to 6 is eligible to do this course. This is a holistic development course that is intricately designed to form a concrete all-round developed base in the child’s mind, allowing him to grow up to his full potential in a positive learning environment.
After the age of 6 will we start our ‘Reverse Engineering’ course in order to polish the base and further vitalize it using our tools and methods.
What are our methods?
Our curriculum is intricately designed around the findings of notable psychologist and scientist Dr. Howard Gardner. Dr. Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence categorizes a child into notable segments according to their ability or psychology. This ability is, to a certain extent, tested by analysis like the DMIT test, MI and by good old human observation. After this process we characterize the little ones into Multiple Intelligence groups like:
- Verbal Linguistics (Word Smart): These little ones have genuinely good command over their words, language and are linguistically proficient. They’re very expressive in nature and do not shy away from communicating. They are particularly good at reading, writing, sharing stories and memorizing vocabulary words.
These linguistically developed little ones learn through reading, taking notes, listening to other people etc. They are good at discussions and debates. The best part here is they are communicative. Their vocabulary gives them words to express what they feel, when they feel it which sadly, the linguistically less fortunate ones are incapable of doing.
- Logical Mathematical Intelligence: This segment, as the name suggests, deals with the logical and reasoning ability of a child. People with higher Logical and mathematical Intelligence tend to be generally good at Mathematics, Chess, Computer Programming, puzzles and other numerical activities.
These little ones also possess good reasoning capabilities, scientific thinking and can perform through investigative analysis of everything around them. They could go on to become Mathematicians, Scientists, Investigators and would show a knack for such high amount of logical clarity at a very early age.
- Visual Intelligence: These are the ones that have a good eye for aesthetically profound things. They possess good visual and spatial judgement and can mentally create and manipulate all the objects around them creatively. They are highly artistic and have good visual memory.
These little ones tend to have high Visual Intelligence and a good sense of direction. They have good hand-eye coordination and are better visual learners rather than learning informatively. They show a tendency to become good artists, architects, etc at a very early age in life.
- Naturalist Intelligence: These are the nature lovers. They possess love and affliction for all that the natural environment has given them and live mostly around plants and animals, observing their characteristics and behavior.
These little ones generally have good observation skills. They are environment friendly and would love to be around greenery, rivers, mountains, beaches, etc.
- Musical Intelligence: To be musically intelligent is to be an individual where beats and rhythm makes sense to you. These individuals display great sensitivity towards rhythm, tone, tempo, etc that most others tend to ignore.
These little ones are more music minded than the rest of the crowd and could easily take up and adapt an instrument. They show affinity towards soulful music and respond well to a rhythmic learning pattern.
- Kinesthetic intelligence (Body Smart): These are the physically active individuals. They are generally very good at body movements, physical activities, dancing, jogging etc. They possess good caliber of becoming a sportsperson.
These little ones are the very playful ones and are good at building and making things. They learn better by doing things rather than simply listening or reading them.
- Intrapersonal Intelligence: This intelligence relies much on being one with your inner self. They are very self-aware and are capable of recognizing their own emotions and sentiments at different points of time.
These little ones are more cognitive to learning everything around them and aware & in full control of their surroundings. They look around, understanding everything and develop an ideology around the same.
- Interpersonal Intelligence: This intelligence relies more on interacting and communicating well with other around you. These individuals tend to be more extroverted than the rest and love making friends everywhere.
These little ones are socially interactive who could make friends with ease. They mix well with others around them. Their learning ability relies more on discussions and debates and could learn well by being in a sociable environment.
According to Dr. Gardner’s theory every little one possesses a higher concentration of some of these Multiple Intelligence parameters, while at the same time, the other very essential intelligence parameters lag heavily below the prerequisite parameters.
We, in LnG believe each and every of these parameters could be fostered and inculcated in a child. Through the various tools and practices in our curriculum, can we work on all the different areas that help in developing the all-round potential of a child. Following the teaching patterns of Maria Montessori, we’ve intricately designed the Psychosomatic course to help our little ones Learn and Grow in the entire process.
What will the results be?
Tools and sessions like Story-telling, Role-playing, Art & Creativity sessions help develop this skills in a playful environment. Different tools are used for toddlers of different intelligence. For instance, we can help grab the attention of a kinesthetically intelligent child who loves to play and run around by creating an environment that helps them learning by a lot of physical movements. Once when we have grabbed their attention by the physical movements, we would enlighten them with essential information.
This is one example. Our multiple tools and sessions help grab the attention of all the differently intelligent little ones. For we believe, reiterating the point here, that every little individual is different and special. And to cater for their special needs, our sessions would create a playful environment for them, helping them learn and grow at the same time.