SCROLL DOWN FOR THE TEST
There are majorly 4 Parenting styles
- Authoritarian parenting: strict, demanding, and controlling with high expectations.
- Permissive parenting: indulgent and lenient with few rules and low expectations.
- Uninvolved parenting: detached and detached, with little communication or responsiveness to the child’s needs.
- Authoritative parenting: warm, supportive, and demanding, with clear rules and high expectations that are openly discussed and negotiated with the child.
Following are the effects they have on children
- Authoritarian parenting: This can lead to low self-esteem, fear of expressing opinions, and lack of independence. A solution could be to adopt a more authoritative style, where rules are explained and open communication is encouraged.
- Permissive parenting: This can lead to a lack of discipline, poor decision-making skills, and a sense of entitlement. A solution could be to set clear limits and boundaries while still being warm and responsive to the child’s needs.
- Uninvolved parenting: This can lead to low self-esteem, behavioral problems, and difficulty forming attachments. A solution could be to become more involved and responsive to the child’s needs and to make an effort to communicate and connect with them.
- Authoritative parenting: Leads to high self-esteem, independence, and well-behaved children. A solution is not necessary, but it is important to remain consistent and supportive and to allow for open communication and negotiation with the child.
It’s important to note that no parenting style is inherently better than another, and the best approach is the one that fits the individual family and meets the needs of the child.
Kindly Fill out this “Parenting Style test” form and contact us to know what your parenting style is.
P.S. – We also provide other Psychological tests for Children and parents in Surat and outside Surat. Contact us to know more.